call for brave ext4 testers in F9, with caveats

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Fri Feb 8 20:21:21 UTC 2008

On 2/8/08, Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-02-08 at 11:52 -0600, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
> > I was trying out your advice to use a rescue CD (actually the F9 alpha
> > DVD again) to use the latest debugfs to set the flag, but that is
> > complicated by the fact that my physical volume is encrypted.  Does
> > the rescue mode have the tools necessary to mount encrypted
> > partitions?
>
> It has them, but right now (until there's a new rescue cd with the bits
> from the past few days) you'll have to use them by hand.  cryptsetup
> luksOpen and on from there

Aha!  This was the clue that I needed...  I was able to decrypt my
partition and set the flag on the filesystem.  Upon rebooting it was
able to mount the drive and relabel the selinux bits.

If ext4 and the disk encryption are stable enough by the time of
release, I think that F9 is going to be one of the best versions of
Fedora ever!

Jeff