Massrebuilds for GCC 4.3 coming soon to a buildsystem near you!

In accordance with
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JesseKeating/gcc43MassRebuildProposal (which got FESCo approval) we (Fedora Release Engineering) will be conducting a mass rebuild of Fedora packages for gcc 4.3.

I have the first iteration of a script that will detect packages that
haven't yet been built with gcc 4.3.  The output is sorted by package
owner.  There is a small bug right now in that packages that have never
actually been built in koji (imported from Extras/Fedora Core 6) are
automatically added to the list, even if they are noarch.  I'm working
on fixing that.

I've posted the list at http://jkeating.fedorapeople.org/need43 and
either tonight or tomorrow I'll be setting up a cron job to keep this
list updated once an hour or so (depending on how much it hurts koji,
as there are a lot of queries).

Maintainers are invited to rebuild now, to lower the number of packages
that will get a scripted rebuild by releng later.

We're also still discussing a way to allow maintainers to opt-out of an
autorebuild.

--
Jesse Keating