Re: to autodownload or not to autodownload

Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede <at> hhs.nl> writes:
> Why? Because we also ship the blacker then black, actually automatically
> downloading closed source code, not content but code! codecbuddy.

I agree, Codeina is a really bad idea, as it promotes proprietary software.

By the way, I also think browsers offering to automatically install the Flash
plugin should be fixed not to do that (also for purely practical reasons: for
those who want the proprietary plugin, there's a yum repository which allows it
to be installed in a way which integrates with the system in a cleaner way, if
the browser installs it, it is a mess to keep up to date!).

> it even offers the user to buy closed source code, effectively free
> advertising for commercial closed source!

Agreed that it's bad, however those game packages which require original
commercial proprietary game date, e.g. rott-registered which you maintain,
aren't any better.

        Kevin Kofler