Re: to autodownload or not to autodownload

Valent Turkovic <valent.turkovic <at> gmail.com> writes:
> You didn't understand me or you don't have all the info... look at
> older posts on this subject. Somebody posted on mailinglist saying
> that there was a court decision in US that would make this
> "contributary infringement" go away. That is what I'm saying to check
> with Fedora Legal because this was couple months ago.

The way Novell has interpreted this decision can be seen in this screenshot:
http://de.opensuse.org/Bild:YaSTCommunityRepositories.png
Under "Community Repositories", they now have this list of third-party
repositories, which also includes ones which ship patent-encumbered software.
Is this something Fedora could do? Or are the Red Hat lawyers of the opinion
that doing something like that is too risky?

        Kevin Kofler