Re: How to introduce new package?

Charles Jones <jonescr <at> cisco.com> writes:
> What has to be done to introduce a new package into FC? I'm interested
> in getting "hobbit monitor"
> (http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/hobbitmon) added. It has already
> been accepted into debian and mandriva.

Assuming you're not a maintainer yet:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join

For an existing maintainer to add a new package:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/NewPackageProcess

Basically, the package has to get reviewed, and first-time packagers have to
get "sponsored" (i.e. accepted as new packagers by one of the long-time
packagers in the list of "sponsors").

        Kevin Kofler