F9 Alpha Observations

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Sat Feb 9 01:34:22 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-08 at 17:23 -0800, Andrew Farris wrote:

>  > It complains IntlClockApplet can't be started, and asks if I would like to
>  > delete it.
>  >
>  > I just installed the clock applet again, now it works?!
>
> Thats interesting, because I was not seeing that for a couple weeks now I think
> (but international settings could effect be different).  I don't recall seeing
> it claim TntlClockApplet couldn't be started, but I was seeing the 'cant start
> do you want to delete it from the panel' dialogs.  It has been working for
> awhile, but I do remember I removed the applet from my panel, killed the
> panel/restarted, and added it again and that might have been when I saw that
> stop failing.

Probably caused by Intlclock being merged into the regular panel clock,
and loosing the "Intl" part of its name on the way. We didn't set up any
sophisticated migration support for that. In hindsight, I should have
probably sent a mail explaining this, when pushing the merged clock into
rawhide. Sorry.