Re: installation workflow issues

On Feb 8, 2008 7:52 PM, Valent Turkovic <valent turkovic gmail com> wrote:

> Dead end is probably wrong word here - bottleneck is probably a better one.
> If certain type of user comes to an option that he doesn't understand,
> installed doesn't explain in clear way what each choice does (in non

I ran into one of these when I was installing rawhide.  Specific
example in my case was that when I clicked 'Next' on the partitioning
options, I was prompted for a passphrase (I didn't notice the 'Encrypt
System' checkbox - maybe I'm just too used to flying through
anaconda).  So I gave it a passphrase, which it deemed unacceptable
since it wasn't 8 characters (this was just for testing, of course).
The dialog box that asked me to enter the passphrase said nothing
about it having to be 8 characters -  that's a UI design problem that
it enforces something, and doesn't tell me beforehand what it's going
to enforce.

The fact that the system is encrypted by default and unattended boot
is impossible in this configuration, however, is more of a release
notes type item.  I don't advise any changes around this.  It's easy
enough to uncheck the checkbox.