Re: Script to update release and changelog?

On Sat, 9 Feb 2008 11:10:11 -0700 (MST), orion cora nwra com wrote:

> Is there a script posted somewhere for automatically bumping the release
> and adding a line to %changelog?  Perhaps we could get integrated into
> Makefile.common?
>
> make bumprel COMMENT="Rebuild for gcc 4.3"

I use these two:

  http://mschwendt.fedorapeople.org/bumpspecfile.py
  http://mschwendt.fedorapeople.org/rebuildrpms.py

The first one only modifies given spec files and adds a changelog entry.
The second one can be used to fully automate bump'n'rebuilds like

  rebuildrpms.py foo bar more-rpm-names-here

Both still need configuration of constants at the top. They have been
used before to mass-rebuild FE (that's why bumpspecfile.py is different
from the original that's floating around).