Re: to autodownload or not to autodownload

2008/2/9 Brian Pepple <bpepple fedoraproject org>:
> Codecbuddy does not point to a proprietary mp3 plugin, it points to
> Fluendo's MIT-license plugin.

specifically...
http://www.fluendo.com/resources/fluendo_mp3.php

So the fluendo mp3 plugin..specifically...isn't a problem. Even if it
were a for-cost binary it  is open source so linking to it through
codeina by default isn't obvious policy problem...at least to me.

Linking to the other fluendo offerings by default does have issues.
There's nothing saying we have to keep codeina has it currently
implemented. We should be able to rework it so that it exposes just
the fluendo mp3 plugin by default, and then individual vendor configs
can be added on demand for additional codec support.

-jef