Re: a plan for updates after end of life

On Sat, Feb 09, 2008 at 07:48:07PM -0300, Horst H. von Brand wrote:

> Sorry to disagree, but I've seen users of Red Hat 7.3 who are completely
> oblivious to the fact that there will be no more updates to the
> distribution. And others who never bothered to update anything at all.
>
> In my (limited) experience, people don't update unless it happens
> automatically, or something important breaks visibly.

I think that it really depends on the user. For the users you describe
having partial updates is indeed better than having no updates at all.
But I think that Jeff had in mind sysadmins who use fedora in a
plannified way and want to be able to predict when they'll need to do
the switch.

--
Pat