Re: call for brave ext4 testers in F9, with caveats

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Sandeen" <sandeen redhat com> To: "Development discussions related to Fedora" <fedora-devel-list redhat com>
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2008 11:17 PM
Subject: Re: call for brave ext4 testers in F9, with caveats

<snip>

Well, ran into a snag with ext4 on a logical volume. It installed ok and boots ok, but when a new kernel and initrd is installed, booting fails when creating the root device. Pertinent error msgs are:

Ext4-fs: dm-3: not marked OK to use with test code
Mount:  error mounting /dev/root on /sysroot as ext4dev: Invalid argument

Is there something I can tell mkinitrd to get by this?

Or, if I boot with the working ext4 initrd can I run:

With e2fsprogs 1.40.5 from rawhide:

# debugfs -w /dev/VolGroup00/fedora9
debugfs 1.40.5 (27-Jan-2008)
debugfs:  set_super_value s_flags 4
debugfs:  quit

Also, as a by the way: other little things don't work as expected, but you never know if they are due to the alpha release or the ext4 filesystem on LV. However, I will trudge on.....