PulseAudio requesting high priority

Michel Salim michel.sylvan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 16:11:19 UTC 2008

I first noticed this a week or so before Alpha was released: after one
of the pulseaudio updates, on the next login I was prompted if I want
to turn on high-priority scheduling for PulseAudio, and that it needs
super-user authentication.

After a fresh Alpha install, the same thing happened, both in:
- new user created using useradd
- new user created using system-config-users

Sounds like something that should either be
1) enabled by default (perhaps using ConsoleKit), or
2) possible to turn off entirely (i.e. "no, I don't need this feature,
don't ask me again" -- with instruction on how to change this)

Regards,

--
Michel Salim
http://hircus.jaiku.com/