Re: Proposed features

Izhar Firdaus wrote:
On Feb 12, 2008 12:07 AM, Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek <jakub rusinek gmail com> wrote:
We can make a software portal (I can help, I can help :D !) with such
files to make browsing repo easier (but if PackageKit implements icons
there will be no difference).

Perhaps extends pkgdb to include a easyinst link .. and also make
pkgdb more for benefit of users (instead of its current purpose as
something for pkg maint) ..

<wishlist pkgdb>
* ability to view bugzilla list related to package (both in fp.o bz
and upstream bz)
* several infos from spec (URL Tag, source URL, )
* easyinst link
* screenshots if possible
* a small discussion area (like winehq's appdb)
</wishlist>

If you want to spearhead some of these end user-oriented changes I'd be happy to include them :-)

(btw, where can i grab pkgdb's source?)

Complete download instructions::
  https://fedorahosted.org/packagedb/wiki/Download

Quick instructions for grabbing the development branch::
  $ sudo yum -y install bzr bzrtools
$ bzr branch bzr://bzr.fedorahosted.org/bzr/packagedb/fedora-packagedb-devel

-Toshio