Re: Disk Manager

Bill Nottingham wrote:
Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek (jakub rusinek gmail com) said:
I wonder if we can include Disk Manager [1] in "core" ISOs (LiveCD, DVD), since it's very nice GUI improvement for newbies.

1| http://en.andregondim.eti.br/?p=5

So.... it's basically a graphical fstab editor, that doesn't:

- do hotplug notification correctly
- support removable devices correctly
- use the existing HAL infrastructure
- support RAID, or LVM, or encryption

I fail to see the point of adding this.

Bill

It is a problem that needs to be solved. Believe it or not there is a level of user skill where users are more than happy to crack their case open and pop in a hard drive but aren't so comfortable restructuring their filesystem.

That being said, all of the above are good reasons not to go with this particular solution unless we want to dig into the source.

--CJD