Re: Massrebuilds for GCC 4.3 coming soon to a buildsystem near you!

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 19:33:40 +0100
"David Nielsen" <gnomeuser gmail com> wrote:

> You make a very convincing argument.. however in the interest of being
> diplomatic with the nice people who develop these fine tools, I think
> the smartest thing is to carry the patches and not argue with them -
> I think it's a case of respecting upstreams opinion even if it's
> wrong. They will come around the more distributions carry such
> patches I hope.

You can respectfully disagree with upstreams, and point them to
arguments such as Toshio's.  There is a big difference between 'YOUR
DOING IT WRONG!' and "Have you considered this aspect of it?"

--
Jesse Keating