Re: a plan for updates after end of life

On Mon, Feb 11, 2008 at 07:50:29PM -0300, Horst H. von Brand wrote:

> > Yes. If there is not enough people to do the work anymore.
>
> If I can't reasonably trust the continuity of the branch, it makes it a lot
> less useless to me.

One cannot reasonably trust a volunteer based project. I am just writing
down that plain fact.

A time span could be set up, but it doesn't make sense. Why stop when
there are still maintainers? How to continue when there aren't enough
maintainers? Transparently using packages when there is somebody
maintaining them seems the best to me.

--
Pat