Re: Summary of the 2008-02-12 Packaging Committee meeting

On 12 Feb 2008 17:22:11 -0600, Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs math uh edu> wrote:
> Erm, well first we have someone dismayed that we didn't discuss
> Haskell and then we're told it's pointless to discuss Haskell without
> you or Jens present.  And I do find that odd because as far as I know
> the process so far has been driven by Yaakov and I wasn't aware that
> either you or Jens were to be involved.

The question becomes... is Yaakov drafting as it stands incorporating
input from the haskell maintainers?  Yaakov is on the watchbugs and
watchcommits for ghc.. so its not like the maintainers of the package
are unknown to him.  I really hope he's been proactive about engaging
the affected maintainers in the space, before approaching the
committee.

-jef