Re: How important are ISO standards to Fedora?

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
On Feb 12, 2008 9:20 PM, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta gmail com> wrote:
On Feb 12, 2008 9:05 PM, Rodd Clarkson <rodd clarkson id au> wrote:
Wouldn't it be more correct for Fedora to default to the ISO standard
for paper (A4, etc) than to the US standard for paper (letter, etc)?
Fedora's default papersize setting... where?

Take a close look at the file cupshelpers.py

in system-config-printer

Letter is selected by default only for a small number of specific
locales.  What more do you want? Blood?

If you are going to argue that we should make A4 the default, even for
en_US and en_CA... locations where printers can be assumed that Letter
sized paper is what is in the trays... you and I are going to have a
serious discussion about balancing usability against idealism.

-jef"You want A4 to be the default for en_US, meet me on the steps of
the capital building in DC and spend a week championing the cause of
metric system adoption.  You'll know who I am. I'll be the one holding
the medications with your name on the bottle"spaleta

+1 Fedora should default to the ISO standard..

Best regards.
               Johann B.

begin:vcard
fn:Johann B.  Gudmundsson
n:Gudmundsson;Johann B.
org:Reiknistofnun - University of Iceland;IT Management
adr:Dunhagi 5;;Taeknigardur;Reykavik;;107;Iceland
email;internet:johannbg hi is
title:Unix System Engineer RHCE,CCSA
tel;work:+3545254267
tel;fax:+3545528801