Re: bodhi update lag

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 08:20:37 -0500
Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> wrote:

> Just wondering whether the latest update lag was a one-time thing or
> if there are other problems that are causing pushes to be slow.  For
> example, https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F8/FEDORA-2008-1624
> was submitted on 2008-02-06, but the actual push to testing happened
> 7 days later on 2008-02-13.  7 days is a bit too long for pushes, I
> think. Anything in particular going on?

This was a one time thing.  I had planned to do a push on
Friday/Saturday but I got hit with a really bad stomach bug.  Then the
critical kernel security issue came up and that took priority over any
other pushes.  Unfortunately a push failure plus a machine reboot
conspired to make that kernel push take all day.  Then yesterday was
spent getting all the packages signed (there were a lot of them) and a
push going, which finally made it out today.

We're making some changes today that should speed up the process a bit.

--
Jesse Keating