Massrebuilds for GCC 4.3 coming soon to a buildsystem near you!

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 14:24:16 UTC 2008

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 07:25:56 -0600 (CST), Jon Ciesla wrote:

> >> I've got all mine patched and done for 4.3 but xmoto, which I've got
> >> partway fixed but am stuck.  Anyone understand this?
> >>
> >> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=406771&name=build.log
> >
> > Scene.o: In function `CollisionSystem::CollisionSystem()':
> > Scene.cpp:(.text._ZN15CollisionSystemC1Ev[CollisionSystem::CollisionSystem()]+0xd1):
> > undefined reference to `ElementHandler<Entity>::reset()'
> >
> > This usually means that the definition of
> > class template ElementHandler's member function reset is not included
> > in the translation unit, only the declaration.
> >
> > Find out where it's defined, and make sure that scene.cpp includes that
> > file.
>
> It's defined in Collision.h in the parent directory, and it is included in
> Scene.cpp, but I noticed in Scene.h it uses:
>
> #include "Collision.h"
>
> rather than:
>
> #include "../Collision.h"
>
> So I patched that, but it doesn't help.

It's declared in Collision.h but defined only in Collision.cpp, which
doesn't work as it is a template. The author had tried to also move the
ctor into the .cpp file and mentions in a comment that it didn't compile.
Moving the definition of ElementHandler<T>::reset() method into the
Collision.h file would fix this (but it's likely not the only definition
that needs to be moved).