Fedora Rel-Eng Meeting Recap 2007-FEB-13

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Wed Feb 13 16:30:25 UTC 2008

Recap and full IRC transcript found here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/Meetings/2008-feb-11

Please make corrections and clarifications to the wiki page.

== gcc4.3 ==
  * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JesseKeating/gcc43MassRebuildProposal
  * people can opt out of mass rebuild
  * take non-responsive maintainers for failed builds to FESCo

== Spins ==
  * Release Engineering is expected to produce custom spins for F8
    1. it's a lot of bit moving
    1. are we supposed to be producing them from F8 GOLD or F8 +
Updates, and if from Updates, does installing from them still work?
      * as of yet, all 'spins' have been live based, which don't allow
for upgrades
  * releng does not have have a checklist of what we look for when
approving a spin from a technical aspect
  * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RahulSundaram/SpinsProcess
  * See IRC log for detailed discussion
ACTION: Jeremy to write first draft of how Spins should work--in
detail--using Rahul's proposal as a starting point

== Mirror Master Move ==
  * Targeting Wednesday
  * Rough plan:
    1. turn off rawhide Tuesday night
    1. turn off everything else on Wednesday
  * Continue discussion on #fedora-admin

== IRC Transcript ==