Re: "dbus in single-user mode?" alias "/usr over bluetooth?"

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 12:13:51PM -0500, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> > Its defined in the LSB, its a long tradition and its very useful.
>
> Separate /usr is different from local / and network /usr. One is fairly
> useful, one is becoming more and more pointless over time.

Actually I would say the reverse. The imaginative are finding it very
very useful because you can fit the rest of the system on flash and the /usr
partition over the network either by NFS or GFS2.

That is *very* useful as it gives you local storage, local CPU and no rotating
noise generators.