Re: pulseaudio causing crashing of applications

On Feb 13, 2008 9:33 AM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell gmail com> wrote:
> Does this mean you should always use Xnest, NX client, vnc, ssh, etc,
> instead of VTs to get login sessions that don't accidentally grab
> unrelated hardware ownership?  That seems backwards if what you really
> want is an audio player as a server that isn't tied to a particular
> login session.

As we get more familiar with making HAL/CK policy edits, these sorts
of questions will lose meaning.  HAL/CK policies can and will be
customized away from the default set of rules written with a shared
desktop in mind.  There's no technical reason that a music server
daemon package for example couldn't drop in new policy that changed
the behavior here.  We just have to understand how to write that
policy file and then agree that's the sort of thing we want server
packages to do on install.

-jef