Building Asterisk on PPC64

Asterisk has been having problems building on PPC64 (this predates GCC
4.3 so I can't blame that).  It builds fine on all of the other
architectures and I've personally tested it on i386 and x86_64.  There
are no error messages printed so I'm really not sure where to go from
here.  If anyone can give me some pointers I'd appreciate it.  The log
from a PPC64 scratch build can be found here:

http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=424866&name=build.log

Jeff