Brian Pepple wrote:
On Thu, 2008-02-14 at 00:47 +0100, Patrice Dumas wrote:
I don't know if it is under the FESCo responsibility, but I think it
would be nice to have maintainer mailed something like once a month the
packagedb requests that are 'Awaiting review'. I have currently a bunch
of these, it's a bit annoying that it never gets handled, and my guess
is that the maintainers missed the first mail.

Sounds like a good idea to me.  I don't think FESCo necessary needs to
discuss it, I think a RFE to the PackageDB is all that's need.

RFE + time or patches :-)

I'm currently porting pkgdb/python-fedora to SA-0.4/TG-1.0.4 and then I'll be working on FAS2 so if someone wants to write up something to do this it would be great. I think the easiest first round would be a cron script that ties into the packagedb similar to the script that syncs descriptions and summaries from the yum repos[1]_ [2]_. If you want to get more involved, TurboGears does have a means of performing jobs at set intervals that we can tie into instead of cron[3]_.

.. _[1]: http://bzr.fedorahosted.org/bzr/packagedb-fedora-packagedb-devel?cmd=content;path=server-scripts/pkgdb-sync-repo.in

.. _[2]: http://bzr.fedorahosted.org/bzr/packagedb-fedora-packagedb-devel?cmd=content;path=pkgdb/yumrepo.py

.. _[3]: http://docs.turbogears.org/1.0/Scheduler

-Toshio