Re: Rawhide Orphanarium

Peter Gordon wrote:
On Thu, 2008-02-14 at 15:04 -0500, Warren Togami wrote:
avahi-0.6.22-5.fc9                        dist-f9               ausil

Is this really an orphan? :O

It's such an excellent piece of software (in theory), and is a
significant aide to the "Just Works" for networking apps. So much
software in Fedora currently makes use of its zero-config DNS and other
abilities that this would be a major loss to Fedora in terms of
functionality, I believe.

While I could not be a good maintainer for it (as I don't use it much
more than simple music shares with Rhythmbox), I'd really hate to let
this one go so easily. Would someone who could give this package the
love it needs please pick it up? That would be greatly appreciated! ^_^

jrb wants Lennart (pulseaudio guy) to maintain avahi. It is likely that the ACL will remain open and he will need co-maintainers.

Warren