Re: pulseaudio causing crashing of applications

On 15 Feb 2008 14:07:15 -0600, Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs math uh edu> wrote:
>  Can you blame them?  I mean, it's a web of interdependent XML files
>  scattered over several directories for which I could find no
>  documentation.  Maybe it's easy once you understand it but it seems
>  pretty opaque from the outside.

I'm not saying its easy... hell I can't do it right... and im trying.

My point is... the PAINFUL debate needs to be focused on how to make
policy changes...easier.  NOT going back and forth, over and over
again, about what the default policy should be.  The hurt is editting
policy.. people are avoiding editting policy. Fine, let's have a
serious, mature and constructive discussion about making that easier.

But to do that, everyone who is bitching and moaning about what the
default policy should be, need to make an effotrt to write policy for
they case they are interested in.

I frankly don't think that a good chunk of the people who are shaking
their fist in regard to default policy have made any effort..at all to
attempt to write local policy. Hell I'm not even sure some of them
have made an effort to even to understand what the policy syntax is.

-jef