Re: Anaconda needs new locale thinking.

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008, Benny Amorsen wrote:

Please don't change locale settings just because you pick a different
time zone. People travel, that should only affect time zone.

Hm, good point.

But I would argue that for an installer, anaconda, it is safe to assume that it is installing the computer at home, at the default TZ AND location, I never booted up anaconda on say, a journey abroad, though I do realize that this happens at FUDcon and other - (perhaps not for the user base representative) - events.

We were not arguing that your changing the TZ on your already installed machine would change your locale LC_* settings. Atleast I didn't intend that, this was at install time.

Linus