Re: gcc-4.3 build issue? Or something else?

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 03:50:36 +0000 (UTC)
kevin kofler chello at (Kevin Kofler) wrote:

> Kevin Fenzi <kevin <at> scrye.com> writes:
> > I am getting an odd build failure trying to rebuild xfdesktop...
>
> That error means some of the .o or .a files which are to be linked
> into the .so have not been built with -fPIC, which is a no-no. All
> code in a shared library needs to be PIC, even if it comes from a
> static library (.a file).

Well, that doesn't seem to be the case here... all the files seem to be
compiling with -fPIC. Also, note that this same code built just fine
before the gcc 4.3 landing. ;(

I do see this:

desktop-menuspec.h:85: warning: 'desktop_menuspec_path_free' used but
never defined

And thats one of the symbols it's complaning about...

Will dig some more, but if anyone has any workarounds or patches, they
would be most welcome.

>         Kevin Kofler

kevin