Re: F8: Has the kernel update policy been changed?

Christian Nolte wrote:

Hi!

I was wondering if the kernel update policy has been changed. Since F8 I
noticed that on a kernel update, grub still uses the previous kernel on
reboot although I have not touched grub.conf (default=0).

Please shed a little light on this.
Christian

It used to stay at 0 if that was set, otherwise increment by 1 when adding a kernel to the top to make sure the same entry was default if you had set the default to your windows entry for dualbooting.

So you're saying the default is changing from 0 to something else for you? If you're saying default stays 0 after the new kernel installed, then the new kernel is being added lower in the list than your current kernel? That would definitely be a change from what used to happen.

--
Andrew Farris <lordmorgul gmail com> www.lordmorgul.net