Re: F8: Has the kernel update policy been changed?

Jos Vos schrieb:
> On Sat, Feb 16, 2008 at 11:36:37AM +0100, Christian Nolte wrote:
>> I was wondering if the kernel update policy has been changed. Since F8 I
>> noticed that on a kernel update, grub still uses the previous kernel on
>> reboot although I have not touched grub.conf (default=0).

FYI: After the update default=0 is changed by grubby.

> Whether or not the new kernel becomes the default is defined by
> UPDATEDEFAULT in /etc/sysconfig/kernel.
> AFAICS this still defaults to "yes", so by default you should notice
> that the updated kernel is used.  For me this still works as usual
> on F8.

Thank you for this information! On the two test machines I have here
both have UPDATEDEFAULT set to "no". I have not manually changed this
entry. I will do a clean install on a third machine to investigate this

- --
   For more than 4 generations the IT Professionals were the
   guardians of quality and stability in software. Before the
   dark times.	Before Microsoft...
Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (GNU/Linux)