Re: pulseaudio causing crashing of applications

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 1:14 AM, Rodd Clarkson <rodd clarkson id au> wrote:

[snip]

>  So, I'm intersted in this so I can try to debug this and provide useful
>  information for resolving this issue.
>
>  I tried running pactl, but get this:
>
>  [rodd localhost ~]$ pactl
>  No valid command specified.

You could do either of the following:

1. get a shell to configure the pulseaudio server on the fly using
"pacmd" and then pass it the "list-sinks" argument. N.B. if you wish
to exit from the shell don't type "exit" as that will stop the
pulseaudio daemon! Use a Ctrl-d instead.

2. use "pactl list sinks"

HTH,
Oisin Feeley