Re: rawhide egginfo - did i miss something?

Oliver Falk wrote:
Hi!

I'm quite sure I missed something... :-)

I just wanted to rebuild syck in rawhide due to php deps and now that:

http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=432438&name=build.log

->
error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
   /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/Syck-1.0-py2.5.egg-info

What is this, why is this and what's the best way to get rid of it? Well, adding some rm into the specfile is easy, but is it the correct way?

You want to include it with something like:

%files -n python-syck
%{python_sitelib}/Syck*egg-info
%{python_sitelib}/syck/

The explanation for why egg-info is a good thing is desirable on this page:
  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Python/Eggs

-Toshio