alsa-plugins-a52 with fedora 8?

KH KH kwizart at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 17:39:43 UTC 2008

2008/2/14, Justin <luitjens at cs.utah.edu>:
> Hi,
>
> I'm sorry if this is not the right mailing list for this question. I was
> directed here from another list.  I would contact the alsa package
> maintainer directly but I don't know who it is.
>
> I have noticed the alsa package alsa-plugins-a52 seems to be missing in
> at least Fedora 8.  Is this intentional?  Is it possible to get this added?
Yes this is intentional as a52 is for AC-3 decoding that  "is
patented" and as such. isn't a desirable item for Fedora.
Actually the alsa-plugins package use the ffmpeg library
implementation.for ac-3 decoding.

Nicolas (kwizart)

ps : It might be possible to have this plugins from a third part repository.