Re: GCC 4.3 mass rebuilds delayed until later this afternoon

Josh Boyer wrote:
On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 15:16:22 +0100
Denis Leroy <denis poolshark org> wrote:

Jesse Keating wrote:
Due to this mornings buildsystem outage I'm going to delay the start of
our GCC 4.3 mass rebuilds.

I will send mail when the building will begin, I'm shooting to start in
about 3~ hours.
is the algorithm "rebuild all except specifically blacklisted" or
"rebuild all except blacklisted AND already rebuilt with gcc 4.3" ? :-)

The latter.  The need rebuild script already takes that into account.

What about all the perl packages that are going to need to be rebuilt again when perl 5.10 hits the buildroots?

I've been holding off building my perl packages for this reason, and was (clearly mistakenly) under the impression that perl would be updated before the scripted rebuild happened.

Paul.