agg vs cairo in gnash

On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 15:42 +0100, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> > I don't think anyone cares quite that much about agg anymore ;)
>
> I guess that the gnash maintainer in OLPC cares, maybe the former owner
> also cares (though it is not that clear).

It appears gnash can use agg or cairo, but the developers prefer agg. Is
there a reason for this? (Apparently there's an OpenGL renderer too)
Everything else in the universe has been moving to cairo, why do we need
a duplicate project? I suppose its because agg is C++ and apparently so
is gnash. Still, bleh.