Re: 3 simple steps to make booting/shutdown faster...

Ola Thoresen pisze:

Harald Hoyer wrote:
Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek wrote:
On my compile box at work, udev takes about one minute to start
*more sad*
Same for me.

Add udevinfo or udevdebug to the kernel command line.
Possible things for the long startup are:
- kernel modules loaded take a long time
- firmware loading times out / fails
- persistent storage labeling has bugs (vol_id/scsi_id)

When this happens to me, it is usually the because I use LDAP for
authentication, and udev has to wait for a (really long) timeout before
continuing when the network is not up before udev starts.

I have nothing unusual.