Re: Asterisk 1.6 in Fedora

Jeffrey Ollie <jeff <at> ocjtech.us> writes:
> However, since we do have two weeks until feature freeze, I'm willing
> to listen to arguments to put Asterisk 1.6 into F9 now...

When is the official 1.6 release scheduled? If it's scheduled before F9, then
you should definitely upgrade to the beta now and get the release into F9
final. If it's going to be released shortly after, then you have to make a
decision, releasing F9 with a beta and upgrading it to the final version
post-release has already been done with lots of software, so it is an option
too. It depends on how stable the betas are: if it's anything like the KDE 4.0
betas were, those have really nothing to do in a release, but for some other
software, upstream actually recommends always using a beta, so the "beta" label
by itself doesn't tell the whole story.

        Kevin Kofler