Rawhide problems: Long boot delay/timeout loading Udev

Ryan B. Lynch ryan.b.lynch at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 06:35:39 UTC 2008

Thanks for the tip!  It was a little hard to figure out from the debug
messages (udevdebug throws out a *LOT* of verbiage), but it looks like
there was at least one kernel oops in the udev driver.

I haven't had time to get in-depth with it, though.  I tried reverting
back to a 2.6.23 kernel (I was running the latest 2.6.25 in rawhide),
and it seems to work just fine.

I can certainly contribute what I've got to a bug report, though.  I'm a
little new to rawhide--what's the appropriate next step, for a bug that
seems to lie in a packaged kernel?

-Ryan