Re: ISO 216 vs U.S. paper

Callum Lerwick <seg haxxed com> writes:

> The problem here is that paper size is *not* a system wide property or a
> user preference. What really matters is what is physically sitting in
> the printer tray. It is a *per-printer* property.

Not entirely true. Machines with no connected printers can still be
used to create spreadsheets and text documents. In those documents,
paper size is an inherent property of the document, even if they never
get printed.

You can argue that it's silly that electronic documents are so hung up
on paper dimensions, but until we get people to switch to better
alternatives to word processors and spreadsheets, we're stuck with
them.

/Benny