Re: upgrading F7 to F8 hangs and never completes

On 02/21/2008 06:12 PM, Markus Kesaromous wrote:
I have tried upgrading my F7 installation to F8. The upgrade
process pops up a progress banner "Checking dependencies in packages selected for installation"
After about 8 hours, and the progress bar is still at what looks like
99.9999% finished. It never finishes!

I searched the web and found the the same problem is
being encountered by user the VBox virtual machine
who wants to upgrade a guest OS from F7 to F8 and
reports permanent hang at same state - i.e 99.999%
finished but never completes the dependency check
in order to move forward.