default mail client

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 00:45:11 UTC 2008

Bryan Clark wrote:

> Since bugs will always be present and should be reported in bug
> trackers instead of on mailing lists so we need to ignore that in this
> kind of decision making.

I was persuaded by this argument at one time but my own experience with
other projects has led me to a slight modification of it.  All software
has bugs and missing features, true, but how quickly fixes and
enhancements will be created or merged by upstream (depending on how
much development you/your project can spend on it) is a huge factor in
these decisions.  Unresponsive or resistant upstreams can ruin an
otherwise decent piece of software.

Which of the upstream projects is worse^Wbetter in this regard is, of
course, open for debate.

-Toshio