Re: default mail client

David Woodhouse <dwmw2 <at> infradead.org> writes:

> Also, can Thunderbird send plain text without mangling it, or does the
> documentation at http://mbligh.org/linuxdocs/Email/Clients/Thunderbird
> still apply?

I saw a posting

http://www.typo3-unleashed.net/nc/singleentry/date/2008/01/24/
how-to-send-plaintext-attachments-not-inline-with-thunderbird.html

So here is a solution for all thunderbird users (I still use it for reading
the newsgroups). Go to Tools > Options. Select panel advanced and tab General.
Start the Config Editor and search for mail.content_disposition_type and set it
to 1. This forces Thunderbird to send all attachments as real attachments and
not inline. This is much more compatible than the default behavior in my eyes.

Maybe this helps?