Re: rpm, alternatives and moving a file between packages

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-02-23 at 00:48 -0700, Stephen Warren wrote:
>> Any thoughts/pointers welcome.
>
> Look at how sendmail, postfix, exim, etc. do it.

I did. I have the basic alternatives stuff working great in the case
where the original unison package was not installed. However, the issue
is with a "yum update" both removing the old unison package (which
didn't use alternatives) and installing the new alternatives-based
package at the same time.