Rhythmbox and autofs - is this a bug?

Camilo Mesias camilo at mesias.co.uk
Sat Feb 23 10:25:05 UTC 2008

I'm sharing music files from a F8 box using nfs4 and autofs on the F8
client. It seemed to work well at first, then I realised the mount was
timing out and Rhythmbox was 'losing' the files. I thought to work
around this with a wrapper script that does

cd /server/MUSIC
rhythmbox

I launch the script instead of rhythmbox directly.

By chdir into the served directory I hoped to keep the files visible,
but it seems that they are still lost from Rhythmbox sometimes.

So, am I doing the right thing, or could rhythmbox do more to work
with autofs mounts? Should I be serving up the files differently?

-Cam