default mail client

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Sat Feb 23 11:47:17 UTC 2008

Le jeudi 21 février 2008 à 13:59 +0100, Ralf Ertzinger a écrit :
> Hi.
>
> On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 12:37:06 +0100, Matej Cepl wrote:
>
> > BTW, I have found in TB “Import from Evolution” menu option. You
> > mean that everybody should just throw out all their old messages
> > out of the window?
>
> The answer to that is IMAP.

However the fact the answer to any semi-complex mail need is to set up a
private imap server tells a lot about the state of our email clients.

You could do a lot of what imap offers just by standardising the MUA
backends to maildir, but everybody talks about the UI and forgets the
backend part (in fact it's quite surprising we managed to get good imap
servers out since we insist on using last century's tech with mbox and
sendmail as our defaults)

--
Nicolas Mailhot