Re: ISO 216 vs U.S. paper

On Sat, 2008-02-23 at 17:16 +1100, Rodd Clarkson wrote:
> Yes, well here in Australia, where I use US English, I can't buy letter,
> but I can buy ISO sized paper, I format my dates dd-mm-yyyy and we use
> metric, all of which can be safely assumed from my selection of time
> zone.

Right, but you are using en_AU for your locale surely?  In which case,
LC_PAPER already gives you the right thing:

$ LC_ALL=en_AU.UTF-8 locale LC_PAPER
297
210
UTF-8

... and CUPS sets up printers for you with A4 set as the default page
size.  In other words, everything is currently working correctly.

Tim.
*/