Re: /bin/hostname in buildroots.

Dave Jones wrote:
Looking through build logs of various packages, I keep seeing this..

/etc/profile: line 38: /bin/hostname: No such file or directory
warning: Could not canonicalize hostname: xenbuilder4.fedora.phx.redhat.com

Should the buildroots provide this by default (imo, yes), or should
packages have to explicitly BuildRequires: this ?

Dave

I think we should determine the exact use cases for this. The first 5 reasons I can think of for having it around are evil, but there's a couple of legitimate ones.

--CJD