someone interested in packaging VirtualBox?

Lubomir Kundrak lkundrak at redhat.com
Sun Feb 24 18:28:23 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-02-24 at 08:13 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> On 24.02.2008 01:40, Christoph Höger wrote:
> > Is someone willing to support me in this area. I would do the main work
> > and mainly need someone to ask dumb questions and make sure things go
> > the fedora way. Maybe someone who is already packaging some virt related
> > stuff?
>
> At least Till Maas and Xavier Lamien are intersted in it afaik:
>
> http://lists.rpmfusion.org/pipermail/rpmfusion-developers/2008-January/000326.html
> http://lists.rpmfusion.org/pipermail/rpmfusion-developers/2008-January/000320.html
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/TillMaas/Virtualbox
> http://blog.fedora-fr.org/smootherfrogz/post/Kmod-VirtualBox-For-new-release:-Fedora-7
>
> But nobody submitted packages to RPM Fusion/Livna yet.

They are not quite finished. Till Maas had wonderful idea on to create a
repository to cooperate, as in past patches were exchanged between
several people without publicity. So here's the wiki page:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/LubomirKundrak/VirtualBox

that references the Freddie Mercurial repository any Fedora contributor
can commit to (I hope... I hope I set it up well).

Everyone, spit on your hands and let's do the package, it's highly
useful for people without KVM capable processors :)