Re: et tu, wvdial Re: RFE: Remove isdn4k-utils from base installs

Anders Karlsson <anders trudheim co uk> writes:

> A minimal installation is supposed to be... minimal. I'd expect it to
> not carry anything that is not absolutely essential to have a system
> that boot. The point of a minimal install is that you *add* to it to
> get what you want. Not that people have to *remove* stuff that is not
> going to be used.

Fedora has never provided anything that really approached a proper
minimal installation. The only way to get it is to use kickstart. The
magic trick is "%packages --nobase", because base contains all sorts
of stuff. I like this one, but of course you can go even more minimal
than that:

%packages --nobase
coreutils
yum